Enjoy a Hassle-Free Weekend With This 70-Minute Friday Cleaning Routine
If you’re looking for a relaxing weekend away from housework, this Friday cleaning is going to be thorough enough to get things right, but fast enough to have a happy hour.
According to the commentator at Apartment Therapy J. Wolf, weekend cleaning requires a timer and party music. Each section of the house gets 10 minutes of intensive cleaning and then you move on. Here’s how it all breaks down:
- 10 min: clear all magazines, books: return to the place (throw away paper trash) and quickly take out all the trash in the house.
- 10 min: Mirrors, doors, counters: wipe Windex
- 10 min. Dry clothes out of the dryer, remove anything left in the laundry baskets. Remove all unnecessary clothing.
- 10 min: Disinfect and clean: all sinks, bathtubs, showers: if there is no time to finish: at least spray them with a disinfectant spray.
- 10 min: Change sheets and pillowcases. Redo quickly if the time is right. if not: do it later.
- 10 min. Vacuum mats, mops and wood floors: Start on the driveway first.
- 10 min: dust in main rooms and bedrooms. Then finish the rest of the house.
This should cover all the dirtiest areas in your home that require regular maintenance. Now you can do whatever you like all weekend and not feel guilty about putting things off. And if someone comes to you, everything will be ready even before you start making plans. Tarrin Williford also has some great cleaning tips, so check out the original post at the link below.
2-Hour Cleanup After Work To Make Your Summer Fridays Even More Enjoyable | Apartment therapy