How to Cycle in the City With a Bike Snob
This week we will touch on the topic of urban cycling. Our guests include Eben Weiss, author of The Best Guide for Bike Owners: The Ultimate Guide to Bicycles, Horse Riding & More for Beginners and Experienced Cyclists ; Rosemary Bolich, Director of Community Outreach, We Bike NYC ; and Doug Gordon, better known as Brooklyn Spoke, TV producer and active cycling advocate. We learn that some people have helmets against mandatory laws, how cities can make their streets safer for cyclists, and why it’s not worth arguing with a motorist (but it’s worth quietly hating them).
Discussed in this episode:
- Fixed gear bike craze and why it’s gone
- Shallowing and why it isn’t
- Salmon and is it ever normal
- Should you wave to fellow cyclists ?
- Why not everyone loves a helmet
- The origins of We Bike NYC
- The advantage of finding a bike group
- What to look for when buying an old road bike
- Which bikes are best for locking up and getting away from
- Why is a hybrid bike suitable for city riding?
- Facing the “bikelash”
Our weekly updates
Do you want to say hello?
Maybe you have a question for us. Maybe you just want to say hello. Whatever it is, we are here for you:
- Call (347) 687-8109 and leave us a voicemail. We love voicemail!
- Send your question / comment to email@example.com .
We look forward to hearing from you!