Optical Work Table
Regular contributor JonRedcorn2 is switching his desktops to reg, and this recent variation has caught our attention. It’s symmetrical and interesting, and not overloaded with widgets and tools. Here’s how you can get the same look.
As usual, this is the Windows desktop, which means Rainmeter is here behind the scenes. If you are new to Rainmeter, this guide might get you started .
Once you’ve mastered the basics, here’s what you’ll need:
- Optical wallpaper Matteo Zilio , color inverted
- Tool setting and monitoring system for Rainmeter for Windows
- Minimal Typography Skin for Rainmeter for text on either side of the central pattern.
- The MinimalOne Weather skin he modified for this setting
- SImple53 Rainmeter Skin as Application Launcher
- Radian Linear Visualizer for Rainmeter to create an audio visualizer centered at the bottom of the screen.
There are a few moving parts here, but the twist is that many of them have been tuned specifically for JonRedcorn2’s flavors, so if you don’t know how to achieve the same look or feel, or how they’ve been modified, be sure to head over to the Flickr link. below and ask your questions.
Do you have a beautiful and functional desktop to show off? Share with us! Post it to your personal Kinja blog using the Desktop Showcase tag or add it to our Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr pool . Screenshots must be at least 1280×720 and include information about what you used, links to wallpapers, skins and themes, and any other important information. If your wonderful desktop catches our attention, you may be on our favorites!
Optical Desktop | Flickr