How to Use These IMessage Full Screen Effects on Your Mac
You may not have realized that the full gamut of iMessage effects is available on Mac too, even if the Apple Messages desktop app doesn’t make it obvious. For example, if you want to send an iMessage with a dose of fireworks, you can do it on a Mac just like you would on an iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to use and send iMessage effects on Mac.
What You Need to Send iMessage Effects on Mac
To access all the fun iMessage effects on your Mac, you need to update to at least macOS 11 Big Sur. The Messages app on Mac has been redesigned for this version, and it has the ability to send and receive these text effects for iMessage.
If you haven’t updated yet, click the Apple logo in the top left corner of your Mac screen and go to System Preferences > Software Update . You can also change System Preferences while you’re at it, as it only takes a few seconds and makes it easy to find all options. And if you’re tired of long updates, here’s a little tip on how to speed up macOS updates .
How to add effects to iMessage on your Mac
After upgrading to macOS Monterey, you can send an iMessage with effects on your Mac like this:
- Open the Messages app on Mac.
- Go to any iMessage chat or start a new one by clicking the note and pencil icon.
- Type your message, but don’t send it yet.
- Press button A to the left of your message.
- Select Message Effects .
- You will be taken to the ” Submit with effect ” screen; you can click each of the effects one by one to see its preview.
- When you’re done choosing, click the blue up arrow button to the right of your message to send it.
Effects include Love, Balloon, Invisible Ink, Confetti, Pop, Lasers, Loud, Celebration, Echo, Spotlight, Fireworks and Gentle.
[B/T: Casey Liss ]