Use Yelp to Learn About Restaurant Security COVID-19
Whether you feel inexplicably comfortable dining indoors (whenever possible) during a pandemic, or you want to keep supporting local restaurants but are concerned about whether they are taking proper security measures, Yelp wants to make it easy for us. … It’s in their best interest as well: The company said it saw a 41% rise in consumer interest for businesses that added COVID-19 business updates to their Yelp pages between September 1 and December 31, 2020.
Over the summer, Yelp updated the COVID-19 section of company pages so that they can easily add information about updated service offerings and specific health and safety precautions. At the same time, the app allowed users to provide feedback on the health and safety practices they saw in the factories – a way to tell other customers about any imperfect experience.
This week, Yelp unveiled additional features to help customers learn about COVID-19 precautions in restaurants, as well as report when they see staff ignoring public health measures, such as wearing a mask. Here’s what you need to know.
Yelp’s New COVID-19 Security Features
These updates were added to the app on Tuesday, January 12th. Here’s how the company explained them in a recent blog post :
Yelp will be displayed if users watched or did not observe forced social distancing and masked personnel. We know that many companies prioritize the health and safety of their customers. This new update further underscores how companies have adapted to keep their customers safe, and aims to instill confidence in consumers that they will continue to support local businesses.
We’ve also added new service offerings and health and safety measures, including heated outdoor seating, 1: 1 sessions available, and a one-time or no-touch menu, to help companies communicate how they continue to adapt. in the face of changing health. orders and expectations of consumers.
In addition to displaying user observation information, Yelp’s new features make it easy for customers to provide feedback on a restaurant’s public health compliance.
It also allows businesses to indicate whether the following health and safety service offerings and measures are in place :
- Staff checked symptoms (available to all businesses)
- One-time or contactless menu (available for restaurants, bars and nightclubs)
- Outdoor heated seats (available for restaurants, bars and nightclubs)
- Covered outdoor seating (available for restaurants, bars and nightclubs)
- Indoor dinner (available for restaurants, bars and nightclubs)
- Private dinner (available for restaurants)
- Self-catering kits (available in restaurants)
- Outdoor services (available for fitness and beauty businesses)
- 1: 1 sessions available (available for fitness companies)
- Limited group classes available (available for fitness companies)