How to Have Morning Sex
Most people think of sex as a nighttime activity, but in the morning it can be even more enjoyable. You were going to hit the repeat button multiple times anyway, so why not do something fun instead? Here’s how to get fantastic morning sex.
Why morning sex is great
Morning sex can be a great start to the day. Sex usually helps us feel more connected to ourselves and our partners; it relaxes us, improves our mood and gives us support. Even if you’re usually so relaxed in the morning that the thought of sex doesn’t seem attractive, you will probably still feel much, much better after you actually start having sex.
Morning sex can also be beneficial for men who have erection and orgasm problems. Most men wake up with an erection, even those who struggle to get an erection at other times of the day. (The phrase “morning forest” is there for a reason.) Many men also report that their erections get stronger in the morning. Plus, a lot of guys think they can last a lot longer during morning sex.
Morning sex is also great in terms of logistics. Hope you wake up refreshed and relaxed. You won’t be coming home after a long trashy stressful day. Are you already nude or just wearing easily removable pajamas. After that, you can jump right into the shower to make cleaning easier. What’s not to love?
If you have to show up for work at a specific time, you probably want to set your alarm a few minutes earlier to give you and your partner time to turn it on in the morning. I know the thought of setting your alarm even earlier may seem terrifying at first, but it can have fantastic benefits. One of the side effects of morning sex is that it makes you slow down and enjoy the morning more, instead of jumping right out of bed and struggling to get ready as quickly as possible.
How to start morning sex
Here are some guidelines for morning sex:
- Schedule morning sex or spend time with each other in the morning. Even if you choose not to have sex that morning, you and your partner will still benefit from a few minutes of relaxed quality time with each other.
- Surprise your partner by waking him up with some sexual encounter. Kiss them on the neck, place your hands on the sheets, or even start orally. (Of course, this should only be done with partners with whom you have agreement.)
- Tell your partner that he was having a sexual dream. This is great advice for people who tend to be shy about having sex.
- Join a partner in the shower. You can brush your teeth, cleanse yourself and wake up a little. Then jump into bed again to finish the job. This is a good move if you feel unwell in the morning (more on that below).
Choose your pace
People usually enjoy two specific types of sex in the morning – sleepy, pleasant, or quick. Brisk movements can be helpful during the work week if you only have a few minutes. Sleepy sex is great on weekends or on days when you have a little extra time. Try a light position, such as a spoon, or try masturbating side by side.
Eliminating morning problems
If you have a tendency to get up and go in the morning, resist the urge to check your phone the first time you wake up. As soon as you see work emails, your libido will disappear. First, say hello to your partner and spend a few minutes hugging and kissing. I guarantee you will have the best morning even if you don’t do anything else.
Some women have trouble getting lubricated in the morning, even if they are aroused. The solution here is simple – keep the bottle of lubricant on your bedside table for quick and easy access.
If you are embarrassed that your genitals smell a little, first of all, know that your genitals are okay. But you can keep a pack of organic baby wipes in your bedside cabinet for quick cleaning.
People’s biggest complaint about morning sex is morning breathing. But this is a very simple solution. Keep the breath strips on your bedside table. In just a few seconds, both of you will have a fresh minty breath. Here are some more workarounds:
- Do things that don’t require kissing, such as oral sex or mutual masturbation .
- Forbid yourself from kissing. It can be surprisingly hot.
- Take positions that you shouldn’t kiss. If you are having intercourse, doggy or fake ones are great.
But honestly, your morning breath shouldn’t really matter. Since you both have morning breath, it is easier to ignore it. After you’ve kissed for about 10 seconds, you don’t notice it anymore.
This post was originally published in 2017 and was updated on October 14, 2020 in line with Lifehacker’s style guidelines.