CDC Approved Hand Washing Method, Step by Step
In the interest of public health, and for those of you in the classroom, we present this video guide to good handwashing .
Here are the steps:
- Wet your hands. Use warm or cool water as hot water can be too hard.
- Turn off the tap when cleaning to save water.
- Lather up the soap and rub for 20 seconds (about as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice).
- Make sure you have the back of your hands, wrists, nails, and thumbs.
- Rinse for 10 seconds (1 Happy Birthday).
- Dry thoroughly and apply hand lotion.