Record Bedtime Stories for Your Child and Share Them Using Google Home
It is precious and important time for most parents to share a nightly story with their child , but sometimes the dressing responsibilities fall on the nanny and other family members. The latest update to Google Home adds a new “My Storytime” feature that allows parents to record stories and other messages for their children when parents are not at home before bed.
Google Home and other Google Assistant-powered devices have other sleep and wake apps that include messages from popular cartoon or movie characters , but My Storytime is designed to ease the challenges of long-distance parenting. It was created for parents who work at night or travel frequently, such as military personnel, so that they can stay connected and actively participate in their children’s daily life and routines. This is how it works:
- Go to the My Storytime website and click Start.
- Sign in with the same Google account you use on your Google Home or Google Nest device.
- The next page explains how the recording and sharing process works. Read the instructions, then click Next, then New Story.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to record or upload a new bedtime story or message.
- You can also share your recordings with other families and friends through My Storytime (you can read about Google’s privacy and security policy for My Storytime here).
- Once your recordings are uploaded, your child can access them on their Google Home or Nest device by saying, “Hey Google, talk to My Storytime.”