Home Decorating Guide for Beginners
It’s nice to have your own place. It can also be incredibly intimidating, especially if you’ve ever thought about home décor when you pasted fairy lights over your dorm mirror. But you don’t have to turn into Chip and Joanna Gaines overnight. In this installment of the Lifehacker’s Summer of Adulting series, we’ll give you some tips on how to make your space look like you, or rather a more complex version of you.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What to keep and what to throw away (bye, risers!)
- A trick for hanging picture frames in a straight line
- The type of bedding that will make people think you live together
- How to choose indoor plants that are difficult to kill
- My Favorite Home Decorating Philosophy
In the next installment, we’ll talk about how to deal with common household emergencies.