How Psychedelics Can Expand Your Mind, With Michael Pollan
Michael Pollan has been writing about the intersection of nature and culture for over 30 years. He is perhaps best known for the man who formulated his nutritional principles as follows: “Eat food, but not too much, mainly plants.” He is the author of several books, including In Defense of Food , The Omnivore’s Dilemma, and The Botany of Desire . His latest book is How to Change Your Thinking: What the New Psychedelic Science Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence .
Discussed in this episode
- How We All Use Plants to Change Our Mind
- It seems that cultural attitudes towards psychedelics are changing.
- Our mental health crisis
- What psychedelic therapy can do for people
- What Happens in the Brain During a Psychedelic Experience
- Michael’s own psychedelic experiences
And many many others.
Our weekly updates
Every week we want to tell you about the improvements we have made to our lives. This week we talked about customizing your keyboard, using Instagram to find art, and alternative therapy that seems to actually work.
Do you want to say hello?
Call (347) 687-8109 and leave us a voicemail.