What’s the Worst Christmas Song Ever?
What’s the worst Christmas song? We asked our fans on Facebook and over 800 of them answered. All sorts of songs have been named, such as “I Saw Three Ships”, “White Christmas”, “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”, “Auld Lang Syne”, a song about chipmunks and works by Mannheim Steamroller. Even the Beatles suffered. But here’s what got the highest rating:
- “All of them” received a solid 156 mentions, which was a big win for The Christmas War.
- “The Christmas Shoes” was the most cited particular song with 50 references. “Every time I hear this, I feel depressed,” said Joe Serrago. “The most annoying, sugary tune EVER WRITTEN, be it Christmas or whatever,” said Katie Harrington Kremer. “What child buys mom’s shoes?” – said Jay Lynn Rooney.
- Santa Baby got 37 mentions. “It doesn’t have to be sexy about looking like a teenager,” said Tiffany McBride. “Dry excitement,” Jennifer said to Edney. But Zelda Zamboni defended him: “He embodies the TRUE meaning and spirit of Christmas. ? “
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” immediately followed 35 mentions. “Date rape,” Janine Jackson said. “Stalker pervert,” said Sue Magin Schlicker.
- “Dominick the Donkey (The Italian Christmas Donkey)” : This old novelty song that once beat “Smells Like Teen Spirit” in the battle to reissue, received 26 mentions. If you’ve never heard of this, good. “It’s disgusting, stupid, pointless and sounds like a crazy hiccuping frog is singing it,” said Lena Lanna.
- “Little Drummer Boy”, a beautiful anthem, got 24 votes and I personally feel like he’s being attacked. “The song smells like dung,” said Zachary Alvarez. “Seriously … a drum next to a newborn ???” said Richard Base. “It’s dumb-da-da-dumb,” said Robin Courtney Steers. Owned.
- “Granny was hit by a deer” received 21 votes. “Tasteless, tasteless, tasteless,” said Pat Petersen. “It is clear that they are made for unreasonable people,” said the intellectual Stephen Collins.
- Feliz Navidad got 18 votes, which is actually a good thing. “I cringe every time I hear this,” Helen Cale said. Jared Mau Batora rightly remarked: “The repetition of three lines throughout the song is enough to confuse someone.”
- “All I want for Christmas is you” got 15 mentions, but he had his defenders. “GRATITUDE! GRATITUDE! All I want for Christmas is CLASSIC! “Said Nathaniel Ralstin. “I hated enough to love him again,” Joe Boan said.
- Wonderful Christmas received 13 mentions, including a thorough beating of Marguerite Lismore: “I can’t even tell how even the thought of it makes me so nervous I want to … grrr! He always plays when you definitely NOT have a wonderful Christmas. Usually you are involved in a big argument with someone or someone, or you run to shops that have nothing to buy, and there is no money left for it. Just shut up, Paul McCartney, why don’t you. “
- “Do They Know It’s Christmas” is a Christmas song to “Too Many Cooks” written under the weight of just 12 mentions. “The line ‘thank God it’s them, not you’ is terrible,” said Craig Brown. “There will be no snow in Africa this Christmas.” Damn it, said Nicholas Sanchez. “This is called being in the other hemisphere. Why the hell will it snow in Africa in the middle of summer? “
- “I want a hippo for Christmas,” the oldest new song on the list, received 12 mentions. David Howell had a practical objection: “The hippopotamus wags its tail and throws shit all over its body. Some girl hasn’t done research on hippos. ”
If you hate this rating, great! Here’s your chance to fix that with the Lifehacker Twitter Poll for the Worst Christmas Carol Ever . Our tireless social team took all of Facebook’s best picks and bracketed them for Twitter users to decide. Go vote. Together we can spend a quiet night.