We’ve Answered Most of the “How To” Questions on Google
Google Trends just posted its Year of Search for 2017 , which featured the top 10 searches. As it turned out, Lifehacker answered nine out of ten. And this tenth doesn’t really matter anymore.
- How to make slime: We have two recipes, the original Nickelodeon (vanilla pudding, applesauce, green food coloring and oatmeal) and the homemade version (paint, hot water, and thickener).
- How to Make Eclipse Glasses: You don’t want to make your own glasses. (And it won’t be necessary for a few more years.) But here’s where to buy them , where to buy them at the last minute , how to watch without them , how to recycle them, and how to avoid counterfeits .
- How to Buy Bitcoin: We’ve explained how to buy it (through Coinbase, Kraken or Gemini), how to buy some every month , how to mine it (join a mining group), and how to lose it .
- How to watch Mayweather vs. McGregor: We missed this one; we’re more of the Emmy crowd .
- How to make a fidget spinner: We prefer fidget cubes , but here’s how to make a giant fidget spinner .
- How to watch a solar eclipse: we got you covered. And here’s where to find the next one .
- How to Freeze Your Credit: Nailed. And we told you how to defrost it .
- How to play Powerball: only play at the best times , choose the less popular numbers and get an app that tells you when you’ve won .
- How to View Recording: iOS 11 does this natively, but Android users have AZ Screen Recorder . Macs can use Quicktime or the free Screeny app . We’ve rounded up five popular options for Windows and Mac and showed you how to record your screen from YouTube . You can also record or stream video games, or record your Chrome session .
- How to Lose Belly Fat Fast: Be careful when searching on Google because everyone lies about how to flatten your belly . You cannot target fat burning to a specific area; you can only lose weight in general and tone the abdominal muscles . It won’t happen quickly. It can change your life , but only from the inside.