What Should We Do Next?
Hello sous-vide family, and welcome back to another session on topic picking forWill It Sous Vide? , the column where I do whatever you want with my immersion circulator.
While I loved our turkey meat quest, I’m completely moving on to food for Thanksgiving and would like to move on to something radically different, be it sweet, savory, or whatever. Some ideas:
- Kind of like an infusion or flavored crème brulee: I know custards are great when prepared this way, but let’s see what flavor we can give the dough.
- Crab Sauce: One of you suggested this and I’m ready to clown it up with that.
- Shrimp Peel and Eat: The sous vide clams are pretty good and I’m sure we would get all sorts of flavors out of these shells.
- Chicken Liver Mousse : Gently cooked with a mixture or flavorings can create a delicious paste.
- Messy Mississippi Pie: I just want chocolate.
- Boiled peanuts: or, so to speak, “not quite boiled” peanuts.
As always, feel free to send me new and different ideas. As long as this has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, I’m in a bad mood.