The Best Pasta Sauce Has Three Ingredients
I’m bad and lazy at cooking, so sometimes I end up making dinner with avocado slices tossed on toast with a little cheese on top. It makes me feel like a 20 year old stoner. Therefore, I love simple recipes that still resemble adult food. Like this pasta sauce recipe by Marcella Hazan. You need three ingredients and you are going to throw one away.
This recipe has been around for over a decade, and Smitten Kitchen says it best , but here’s the gist:
- Place the can of San Marzano tomatoes in the pot.
- Peel the onion and slice it in half. Give it up.
- Add five tablespoons of butter (just over half a stick).
- Cook for 45 minutes while watching Hulu. Stir and rub all the tomatoes from time to time.
- In the meantime, boil some water, prepare a paste, drain the water. Try non-standard spaghetti like long fusilli.
- Pull out the bow.
- Place the pasta in a saucepan. Stir.
You can add a little salt, you can grate the Parmesan, but you don’t need herbs and you don’t need to grind anything. Tada, dinner without despondency. It takes time, but not effort.