Proper Dining Etiquette for Enjoying a Bowl of Ramen
- Start by sampling the broth. It’s perfectly fine to drink some straight from the bowl.
- Sip ramen noodles with your meals and make some noise. This will allow you to taste the noodles and broth at the same time, and also aerate the noodles and broth so that the flavor can fully develop. Plus, it chills the noodles slightly as they get into your mouth from the steaming broth.
- Eat the egg separately from the noodles and broth. Basically, it’s a side dish floating in your soup.
- Whisk the vegetables with the noodles and broth. Eat the meat yourself with chopsticks.
- Eat it fast! Ramen is for quick cooking while it is still hot. If you eat too slowly, the broth will evaporate a little and the rest will be absorbed by the noodles.
And don’t worry about making all kinds of noises while eating. The louder it squishes, the better.