Make the Kid Laugh With These Silly Tricks
Some people are natural with children and will make them giggle in a matter of seconds. If you are not one of them and do not know what to do with someone else’s child, watch this video. It is full of ideas on how to become best friends with your nieces, nephews and cousins who were once distant .
The first tactic in the video is the skateboard trick, and unless you’re a professional skateboarder, you shouldn’t try to use it with another person’s fragile child. The rest is the gold of children’s comedy:
- Tickle the child, then hide. Repetition.
- Pretend to be a giant. Use your giant voice.
- Place a pillow over your head. Make funny noises when the pillow falls.
- Give the doll a bite on the baby’s hand.
- Play hide and seek and you will be really surprised at the result.
I would put the age range for these tricks from three months to two years. In other words, any infant or toddler who can stop naps long enough to give you a sneering look. Singing and clapping is always good too. Good luck and enjoy this baby giggle!
Five ways to make your child laugh | Andrew Schrock