The Rest of the Day: Fall Sale Kicks Off on Steam
Just in time for Black Friday, Steam is launching its Fall PC Games Sale. This isn’t a big break in the great old tradition of sudden sales on Steam, but you might want to buy the game at a discount over the long weekend. About this and much more in the news.
- The Fall Steam Sale runs until November 29th . Along with the sale, they are also launching something new: the Steam Awards . They ask users to assign their favorite games, and then … the games will receive rewards. Congratulations, games! [Steam]
- Google Cast is now called Chromecast again . They originally intended to differentiate the app and “cast” functionality from the device itself, but now Google is backing down and calling it Chromecast again. Google is hard on names. [Android Police]
- Finally. Microsoft has unveiled its classic solitaire game for iOS and Android. Download it from the App Store or Google Play Store . [ 9to5Mac ]
- The Telegram messaging platform allowed you to post messages on the internet without having to create an account. You can see, for example, the article I just wrote here . Can be a useful tool when you want to rant on Twitter (or Telegram, intended use) and need room for words. On the other hand, it is also a new place for people on the web, where they can voice their opinions anonymously, which is probably not necessary on the Internet. [Telegram via The Next Web ]
- Google is adding some nice little features to their PIxel phones. Soon you will be able to double tap to wake up or pick up your phone to wake it up. Just a nice little thing that some phones do and they want it to be a flagship phone. [Droid Life]