Rest of the Day: PlayStation Vue Loses All Viacom Channels
The landscape of online streaming TV is heating up with DirecTV Now to launch and Hulu next year , but PlayStation Vue subscribers are about to lose a lot of Viacom channels. That and more on this slow day of news.
- On November 11, PlayStation Vue loses all Viacom channels. This includes Comedy Central, MTV, VH1 and others. But Sony is trying to soften the blow by adding BBC America and NBA TV, and CBS and Fox broadcast stations are on the way. [PlayStation Blog]
- Twitter is in talks to sell Vine. Many have reacted to the news of Vine’s demise with some consternation, given that Vine is a relatively beloved – albeit possibly unprofitable – niche on the Internet. Twitter is currently testing about five offers to see if they can sell the site. [TechCrunch]
- Microsoft has launched a new Skype Insider Program if you want to beta test early versions of your software. [Skype]
- SnapChat has several new “lenses of the world” that overlay images onto your real-world scene. Like face filters, no face. They also made SnapChat Stories behave a bit more than Instagram Stories , in the sense that you can rewind them. [The Verge]
- Facebook is testing a new feature that will allow pages to post job advertisements and receive applications. [Reuters]
- Here’s everything you need to know to navigate the 2016 election.