Rest of the Day: Google’s New Wallpaper App Brings Beautiful Backgrounds to Your Phone
Google has a new app with the sole purpose of bringing beautiful and high quality wallpapers to your phone. There are mountains! Shots of architecture! Abstract patterns for you intellectuals! All classic staples. About this and much more in today’s news.
- Android wallpaper can also change wallpaper conveniently every day. Sure, there are literally a billion other places where you can find a wallpaper image for your phone, but now there are a billion and one. Good. Some functions require Android 7. [Play Store via 9to5Google ]
- Canary Channel for Chrome is now available on Android. Canary is the latest version of the browser for developers and testers; it has the latest features but also contains the most bugs and you don’t want to use it as your day to day driver. But if you want to be one of the first to adopt him, do your best. [Chromium Blog]
- Nintendo today unveiled its new console / laptop hybrid called the Switch. Here are all the ways you can play Switch – in GIF format ! Here’s a breakdown of the new controllers called Joy-Cons. Here are some new footage from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild coming for both Wii U and Switch.
- IOS has an interesting keyboard that you can’t use because it’s hidden in its code. Developer Steve Troughton-Smith stumbled upon it and says it has been around since iOS 8. It’s kind of designed for one-handed use, as it squeezes the keys a little to one side and adds dedicated copy and paste buttons … Since it was never meant to be seen, you can only access it by jailbreaking your phone and getting your hands dirty with the code. [Gizmodo]
- Here’s the first trailer for Red Dead Redemption: 2. [Kotaku]