Pi Power Simplifies Power Management in Mobile Raspberry Pi Projects
If you are building any mobile Raspberry Pi project, you know that power management can be quite a daunting task. Pi Power is a GitHub project that simplifies the entire process by adding a set of instructions for managing battery power using various button presses.
As you’d expect, it all requires a bunch of buttons and cables, but here’s how it works:
- To remove it from a cold state, press the button for a few seconds.
- To turn it off, press the same button for a few seconds.
- Indicate how much energy is left in the battery
- Provide a warning when it really ends
- Shut down safely without damaging data if the battery runs out
- To charge the battery, simply connect the cable from the USB charger.
If you’re working on any type of mobile Pi project, this is a pretty solid solution to your power management problem. Go to GitHub for full details.