Improve Your Posture in Any Position With These Quick Fixes
You can do some of the most amazing warm-up, flexibility and mobility exercises , but you still spend a lot of time not doing these things, which can literally be a headache. Whether you are sitting, standing, or lying on your side, Adam Bornstein of Born Fitness shares some tips on how to quickly correct your posture.
Given everything we’ve written about sitting , it’s no surprise that the way most of us sit doesn’t do our bodies any good, but according to Bornstein, there is a preferred way to stand up and lie on our side. too much:
- Standing: Your weight is distributed to both legs, not one leg. The feet should also point straight ahead or slightly outward.
- The fix: Bounce lightly three times to regain balance, align your feet and get something similar to the desired pose.
- Lying on your side: Ideally, your knees and hips are slightly bent, and your ankles, hips, shoulders, and ears are in line.
- Solution: Try sleeping with a pillow between your legs.
- Sitting: Your weight should be evenly distributed on both sides of your buttocks; your hips, shoulders and ears are in line; and your face and eyes are looking straight ahead.
- How to fix: Sitting on a chair, raise your arms in the air and imitate the movement of your chin. This opens up your chest and prevents you from hunching over.
These fixes are not permanent solutions in and of themselves, but they will help you better understand your habits. Bornstein says the best thing you can do is not stay in one position for too long. If you’ve been sitting for a while, get up and stir, even if it’s only for a couple of minutes. Heck, something like this ultra-fast yoga stretching routine on your desk is perfect.
How to correct your posture | Born Fitness