Rest of the Day: Twitter for IOS Gets Night Mode
It’s already dusk for Twitter on iOS. In a good way! The iPhone version of the app finally has an extra dark color scheme for your late-night tweets. I welcome the darkness.
- Enabling Night Mode in the app simply changes the colors from the default bright white and black text to a dull gray scheme similar to the dark Tweetdeck theme. A small change that makes twittering in the dark more enjoyable. This feature was added to the Android version earlier this summer . [Twitter]
- In other news, Sony is increasing the price of the PlayStation Plus. As of September 22nd, membership will cost $ 59.99 for one year, $ 24.99 for three months, or $ 9.99 for one month. [Polygon]
- Has Barbra Streisand just announced an iOS 10 release date? The singer claims that Apple’s next update will be out on September 30th (although a mid-September date seems more likely based on Apple’s previous releases). [Jezebel]
- Netgear is diving into the smart router business with a new mesh device called Orbi. [Gizmodo]
- “Gawker.com closes today, Monday, August 22, 2016, about 13 years after it started and two days before I turn forty. This is the end of an era. “ Nick Denton explains how everything works in the latest post on the site. [Gawker]