Simple Sunrise Desktop
This desktop came to us from our pool of Flickr desktop photos and is a great example of how sometimes loaded and dynamic desktops are good, and sometimes simple and graphical images are good too. If you like the look, here’s what you need to customize it.
It’s Windows if you can’t tell, which means Rainmeter is the tool of the day. If you’re unfamiliar with it, our Rainmeter Getting Started Guide will help you navigate.
When you have them, you need the following:
- The Sun Rising Desktop by Lior Mazza
- Tool setting and monitoring system for Rainmeter for Windows
- Muon Suite for Rainmeter to create a system clock on your desktop
- TenPlayer Skin for Rainmeter for Now Playing Display
- Google search bar skin for Rainmeter for the search box in the center of the screen.
- Harmattan skin for Rainmeter to display system information and weather
Each of these tools can work on their own with Rainmeter, so if you like some aspects of the layout but not others – like the search bar but not the clock, or system monitors rather than the Now Playing display – you can absolutely get it. … … If you have questions about how this is all set up, follow the Flickr link below to ask your questions!
Do you have a beautiful and functional desktop to show off? Share with us! Place it in a personal blog using Kinja tag DesktopShowcase or add it to our pool of Lifehacker Desktop Show and the Flickr Tell . Screenshots must be at least 1280×720 and include information about what you used, links to wallpapers, skins and themes, and any other important information. If your wonderful desktop catches our attention, you may be on our favorites!
Sunrise Simple Desktop | Flickr