Rest of the Day: Twitter Stickers Finally Available to All Users
Finally, the sticker-free winter of our discontent has arrived. Twitter announced a new feature that allows you to add stickers to images more than a month ago, but only now it has become available to all users. Damn it, it’s time for the stickers.
- They’ve been experimenting for a while with a feature with which you can put fancy stickers on your photos, and it’s finally ready to be prime time used. Stickers, of course! Of course, everyone will sarcastically joke that this is the feature that will save the company. Meanwhile, here’s a brutal breakout from John A. De Goose explaining why Twitter’s harassment problems are irreparable. But … at least stickers are fun. [Twitter]
- In other news, DirecTV is making its NFL online streaming service available to more people, especially students. Two-year college students can now subscribe to discounted NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV U to watch online games for $ 24.99 a month. It’s also now available on Apple TV. [AT&T]
- Jessica Jones and Daredevil probably won’t return to Netflix until 2018. Marvel is committed to producing about two shows a year; Luke Cage will premiere on September 30th, followed by Iron Fist and The Defenders in 2017. This means we won’t be returning to hell’s kitchen for a while. [io9]
- Minecraft is almost ready for the Oculus Rift. VR headset support is coming in the coming weeks with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta (what a funny name!), Which celebrates its first anniversary. [Microsoft via TechCrunch ]
- Amazon made some money. Much money! Google, I mean Alphabet, made some money too. [$$$]