The Rest of the Day: Microsoft Will Fix Surface Pro 3 Battery Issues With a Software Update
Microsoft is working on fixing some Surface Pro 3 tablets that were suffering from extremely short battery life. However, the good news is that they will be able to fix this with a software update.
- Some battery degradation is to be expected over the Surface Pro 3’s lifespan, but apparently some users only see a minute or two of battery life. Fortunately, this does not appear to be a hardware issue and Microsoft may be able to fix the affected batteries with a software update currently in development. [Ars Technica]
- Amazon has a new page that features products that started life as Kickstarter projects. There are some familiar successes like the Oculus Rift and Cards Against Humanity, as well as 300 others that you probably haven’t heard of. Quite fun to browse . [Amazon via BusinessWire]
- Pandora can now recommend upcoming concerts based on your musical preferences , thanks to its purchase of Ticketfly last year. On the one hand, it seems unlikely that a ticket will be purchased due to an unexpected notice, but hey, you might be inquiring about a show you weren’t aware of. [TechCrunch]
- Netflix News! The third season of Black Mirror will premiere in October . Maria Bamford’s wonderful Lady Dynamite has been renewed for a second season . Here’s the trailer for the return of the Gilmore Girls .
- Which of your favorite childhood snacks are still relevant when you eat them with your gourmet adult plate? An adequate man is investigating . [Deadspin]
- Twitter will be streaming weekly off-market games from Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League , as well as a nightly sports program with highlights and commentary called Rally. Sports! [Twitter]