Taxpayer Attorney Service Can Help Solve Your IRS Issues

If you have an ongoing tax problem, like this Bankrate reader who has been waiting two years for a refund , the IRS offers help. The Taxpayer Advocate Service is designed to help taxpayers solve a number of different problems.

You may not have received a refund, you may have the wrong fines, or you just need financial help. TAS is an independent organization within the IRS that has offices in every state and they can help if you have tried to resolve a problem using regular IRS channels but have not been successful.

As Bankrate explains, you can call their toll-free number 1-877-777-4778 to get help and you need the following:

  1. Your name, address, and social security number.
  2. Your phone number and best time to call.
  3. Tax return type and corresponding tax year.
  4. A description of your problem and what you did with the IRS to solve it.

Once your case is accepted, you will be assigned a tax attorney to assist and keep in touch with you until your case is resolved. The lawyer will give his name, phone number and timetable for resolving the problem. You will even receive news on the progress of the lawyer.

They also have a Systemic Advocacy Management database where you can report the “complete picture” of problems with IRS procedures. For more information, follow the links below.

Lawyer Service of Taxpayers | via Bankrate


Leave a Reply