Rest of the Day: You Can Now Play Your Plex Music Library on Sonos Devices
Plex is a useful way to organize all of your media and transfer it between devices , but you’re out of luck if you also use Sonos wireless speakers. That is – queue up the drum roll – until now!
- Plex now works great with Sonos speakers. You can stream your entire music library from Plex to the Sonos app by simply adding Plex as a music service in the Sonos Labs app section. However, it is still in beta , so you need to subscribe to the public beta if you want to be one of the first to use it. [Plex via 9to5Google ]
- In other beta news: Apple today released iOS 10 Public Beta 2 as well as macOS Sierra Public Beta 2 so non-developers can try out the latest version of their unfinished software. It’s not quite prime time ready, so you probably shouldn’t install it on your primary device, but you can sign up with Apple if you want to give it a try . The off-the-shelf software is expected to be released in the fall. [9to5Mac]
- There is a vibrant community of modders and speedrunners who are still obsessed with the SNES classic, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Kotaku looks at how people create new experiences in the game 25 years after its release. [Kotaku]
- Starting in August, Mozilla will block Flash content in Firefox that is deemed irrelevant to the user experience. This decision is in line with the direction of almost all browser developers and the Internet in general, as more efficient and secure native web services replace the legacy Adobe plugin. [Mozilla]
- Unilever acquired Dollar Shave Club for $ 1 billion. And then I thought the Dollar Shave team was just doing it for the love of shaving. [Luck]