Who Speaks at the Republican National Convention and How to Watch Live
The Republican National Convention is officially taking place in Cleveland . This year’s convention runs from Monday 18 July to Thursday 21 July, and there will be no shortage of speeches, conferences and talks. Here’s what to expect if you tune in.
How to watch
Even though the convention started on Monday (under the theme “Make America Great Again”, the first day does not contain all the highlights. If you want to watch, you have no shortage of ways to do it and you can watch for free. RNC leads Live stream the entire event from start to finish on your YouTube channel, which you can watch in the stream above or directly from YouTube here .
Twitter also streams the event live alongside CBS , and you don’t even need a Twitter account to watch.
Of course, this event will also be covered by the mainstream news networks. CNN will cover both Republican and Democratic conventions around the clock, broadcast live online and through the CNNgo app. MSNBC , C-SPAN , Fox News are also covering the event online, and NBC and ABC will take stock at 10 p.m. ET for all four days of the conference. PBS NewsHour and NPR also teamed up to broadcast the event live on YouTube. They will also cover events from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm ET on television and radio.
Tuesday’s Topic: “Make America Work Again”
The actual nomination process starts on Tuesday. NRC Chairman Reins Priebus will announce the convention at 5:30 pm ET, while Speaker Paul Ryan will lead the presidential nomination process. Donald Trump will be officially nominated as the party’s presidential nominee as scheduled .
Sharon Day, co-chair of the Republican National Committee, will start speaking at prime time. And here are the presenters for Tuesday evening in order:
- Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White
- Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson
- Attorney General Leslie Rutledge
- Michael B., Mukasey, former attorney general
- Andy Vista, businessman
- U.S. Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin)
- Chris Cox, Executive Director of the NRA Legislative Institute
- Natalie Gulbis, golfer, LPGA
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Rhode Kentucky)
- Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Paul Ryan (Wisconsin-1)
- Majority Leader in the U.S. House of Representatives Kevin McCarthy (CA-23)
- Governor Chris Christie , Governor of New Jersey
- Tiffany Trump, Donald Trump’s daughter
- Kerry Woolard, Trump Winery CEO
- Donald Trump Jr. , son of Donald Trump and executive vice president of The Trump Organization
- Dr. Ben Carson , neurosurgeon
- Kimberlyn Brown, actor
The performance of “Sensations” is also planned .
Wednesday Theme: “Make America First Again”
On Wednesday, the Convention will open at 19.20 EDT. After the formalities, the evening speakers include:
- Laura Ingram , radio host
- Phil Ruffin, businessman
- Pam Bondi, Florida attorney general
- Eileen Collins , astronaut (retired)
- Michelle Van Etten, small business owner
- Kentucky Senator Ralph Alvarado Jr.
- Darrell Scott, pastor
- Harold Hamm, Continental Resources
- Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker
- Lynn Patton, Eric Trump Foundation
- U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (Rhode Florida)
- U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (Texas)
- Eric Trump, executive vice president of the Trump Organization
- Newt and Callista Gingrich, former Speaker of the House of Representatives and his wife
- Indiana Governor Mike Pence , prospective vice presidential nominee
Several videos will be shown, mainly dedicated to Trump, as well as a video dedicated to the anniversary of Apollo 11.
Thursday Theme: “Make America One Again”
- Brock Meeler, motivational speaker
- U.S. Representative Marsha Blackburn (TN-7)
- Governor Mary Fallin, Governor of Oklahoma
- Dr. Lisa Sheen, National Coalition for Diversity in Support of Trump
- Reins Priebus , Chairman of the RNC
- Jerry Falwell Jr. , President of Liberty University and leader of evangelicals
- Peter Thiel, venture capitalist
- Tom Barack, CEO of Colony Capital
- Ivanka Trump , daughter of Donald Trump and executive vice president of the Trump Organization
- Donald J. Trump , Republican prospective U.S. presidential candidate