11 Questions to Ask a Potential Roommate to Get Rid of Incompatibilities
It’s hard to find the right people to live with, but at Apartment Therapy they have come up with a set of 11 questions that should help you figure out if you will get along with your potential roommate.
Basically, you just want to test if your lifestyles mix well. Here is a set of questions they offer:
- What temperature do you set the thermostat to?
- How will rent and invoices be processed?
- Do you like to have fun?
- What is our policy towards significant others?
- How will household chores be shared?
- Let’s talk about your threshold of purity.
- How do you prefer to resolve conflicts?
- How are we going to decorate?
- What does your daily routine look like?
- What is your noise floor?
- What do you think about pets?
Obviously, you don’t have to ask all of this, but this is a good set of questions for problems that you may not have thought about before . For more ideas, go to the “Apart Therapy” section.
11 Questions to Ask Your New Roommate (Before You Move) | Apartment therapy