Best Workout Songs According to Spotify Users
If you need help putting together your perfect workout playlist, these are the songs most Spotify users love.
Walt Hickey of FiveThirtyEight used a dataset from Spotify programmer Paul Lamer to find all playlists with the word “workout” in the title. Hickey then deleted playlists that didn’t have at least one hour of music, as well as all playlists that didn’t have at least one play per week. Narrowing it down, Hickey found the songs that came up the most and compiled the perfect playlist based on them. Here are the 10 songs that are most often listened to while exercising:
- Desiigner ‘s song “Panda” featured in 5,776 playlists.
- Eminem’s “‘Till I Collapse” was included in 5110 playlists.
- Drake’s “One Dance” is included in 4,954 playlists.
- Drake’s “Jumpman”, included in 4,346 playlists.
- Kanye West’s “Power” featured in 3,921 playlists.
- “Lose Yourself – Soundtrack Version” by Eminem , included in 3909 playlists.
- “Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers , included in 3810 playlists.
- “Stronger” by Kanye West , featured on 3,771 playlists.
- Rihanna’s “work” featured in 3,748 playlists.
- “I took a pill in Ibiza – Seeb Remix” by Mike Posner , included in 3680 playlists.
Most of the popular songs used in workout playlists are categorized as pop or high-energy hip-hop. In general, most of the tracks fluctuate in the 130 bpm range. When you’re trying to conserve energy, it seems like the faster the pace, the better. If hip hop and pop isn’t your cup of tea, you can find other commonly used workout songs from the link below.
Best Workout Playlist | Five thirty eight