Edge of the World Desktop
This OS X desktop is simple, elegant, and combines a few simple widgets with gorgeous wallpapers for a great effect. If you like what you see, here’s how you can customize it, customize your own menu bar, and give your Mac the same look.
Once you’ve got it installed and mastered the basics, here’s what you’ll need:
- System Monitor and GeekTool Configuration Utility for OS X to Create Time and Date Display
- Bowtie Utility for Now Playing Screen
- Specifically Gill Sans Bowlet , with some modifications (he provides the specific file he uses here )
- Bartender utility to rearrange items in the Mac menu bar
- CDock 2 and Liteicon docking station setup utility
- Zion icon pack to change system icons
- Champagne and Limosuines system font
All in all, there is a lot of tweaking and tweaking going on here to do it exactly the way DN Carr likes it, but the effect is minimal and beautiful. As always, you can take or leave the components you like for your own system – you might not need the time and date on your desktop, but you love the icon pack and customizable dock, for example. Anyway, click the link below to learn more about how he did it and let him know how much you enjoy his work.
Do you have a beautiful and functional desktop to show off? Share with us! Post it to your personal Kinja blog using the Desktop Showcase tag or add it to our Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr pool . Screenshots must be at least 1280×720 and include information about what you used, links to wallpapers, skins and themes, and any other important information. If your wonderful desktop catches our attention, you may be on our favorites!
World’s End | Flickr