Use Roger to Control Your Amazon Echo No Matter Where You Are
Android / iOS: The Amazon Echo is a cool little device that can do a lot with voice commands. However, it becomes useless if you leave the room. The Roger walkie-talkie app will help you with this.
Roger is designed so that two users can immediately talk to each other in a walkie-talkie style, no matter where they are. However, as How-To Geek points out, you can set it up to send voice commands to Amazon Echo. To set it up, follow these steps:
- Install Roger and set up your account.
- On the Conversations page, tap the + sign to add a conversation.
- Select Alexa by Amazon from the list.
- On the next screen, click Connect.
- Log in to your Amazon account and agree to the terms.
At this point, you can click a button in the app to send the command directly to Alexa. While it’s not quite as convenient as the Echo itself, it’s a heck of a lot less expensive than Amazon’s $ 30 voice remote .
How To Monitor Your Amazon Echo From Anywhere | How-To Geek