Get Your Financial Life in Order by Answering These 10 Questions
The older you get, the more difficult your finances become. If you are feeling overwhelmed, take these ten questions about your finances step by step.
Personal finance site How Do I Money explains that for most of us, our finances are not as overwhelming as they seem if you cover the basics. To clean up your financial life, ask yourself these ten questions:
- What is 2 + 2? (This is a warm-up question.)
- How much money do you have?
- How much do you earn each month?
- How much debt do you have?
- How much money do you spend every month?
- How much do you spend each month just paying off your debts?
- How much money do you save each month?
- How much is in your emergency fund?
- What’s your net worth?
- What’s your plan?
- Additional question to offset question # 1: how many months until debt relief?
If you already have a budget and financial plan, you can probably answer most of them without even checking anything (personally, I could accomplish eight out of ten without logging into an account). If you don’t know the answers, work on each question in turn. These questions may not be so convenient to answer, but each of them is a small part of your financial life that you could knock out in a few hours at most.
Can you answer the ten simplest questions about money? | How to make money with Rockstar Finance