Rest of the Day: Meet Nintendo Virtual Boy With Google Cardboard
Nintendo Virtual Boy emulators have been available for years, but there really wasn’t a way to reproduce the 3D display of the nascent virtual reality system. Still! Resourceful gamers have made some changes to the emulator so you can experience the 3D effect with Google Cardboard.
- Heck: Customizing the popular RetroArch video game emulator brings Nintendo’s Virtual Boy to Google Cardboard . Virtual Boy was, of course, Nintendo’s 1995 Pixelated Virtual Reality venture, which became a colossal bomb even though I bought it. It was wonderful in its own way. [Motherboard]
- Google may make links in search results black instead of blue . Black as normal text. Fucked up, dude. Some users have seen the UI customization in their search results, so apparently Google is testing this change. When I was a kid, ALL links on the internet were blue. At the time, this was the only possible color using this technology. [The Next Web]
- Spotify is developing a whole host of new original video programming . They will initially be about music and pop culture, including a series of documentaries that will highlight moments from the history of music, but eventually the videos will include comedy and entertainment. [Bloomberg]
- Google News will now highlight local sources in search results . In the past, national news agencies could be the first to appear in the results even when local news might be more appropriate, so they tried to highlight local sources in an appropriate context. [Google News Blog via The Verge ]
- Periscope does add the ability to save your streams indefinitely as seen in testing just last week , as well as a number of other features. You can now browse threads to find interesting streams, and soon you will be able to stream from DJI drones. Dronecast! [Periscope]