Rest of the Day: Apple Wants Your Mom to Star in an IPhone Commercial
Does your mom love Apple? Do you love your mom? Do you both love ads? Great news! Apple has created a site where you can feature your mom in their recentMother’s Day ad .
- It’s called Moms Shot on iPhone . Dot Com. I know that a certain special mother who will shed a tear of joy this weekend after her own Apple announcement … well, shed some kind of tears. [ MacRumors ]
- Let’s dwell on this advertising and tech trend for a second. Here’s a Chrome extension from Mini Cooper that speeds up your video viewing experience . Fast … like a machine! Wow! It supports YouTube, Facebook videos, and Netflix. Vroom vroom! If the car is going to be twice as slow as these videos, then I need to go to the car dealership immediately!
- I want more? Starbucks now has a keyboard for iOS . You can use it to send emoticons related to Starbucks. Fun, silly apps as a way to promote a brand is not a bad idea, like putting a toy in a cereal box, but a new keyboard seems like more work than it’s worth. By the way, Cracker Jack toys are now literally apps . [TechCrunch]
- Finally, here’s a captivating meeting of brands, technology and beer: Cleveland Cavaliers partnered with Budweiser and DODOCase to create a cardboard VR viewing device that can also serve as a holder for two cans . Beer points were awarded during the playoffs. My penchant for beer and virtual reality does not cause a desperate flight from reality, does it? [9to5Google]
- Hulu has starred in documentaries . The site, of course, already has documentaries, but now a series of exclusive films is being launched. Their first acquisition is a Beatles documentary from Ron Howard. But the premiere will take place in cinemas. [The Verge]
It’s time to hit the Craig Wright-style weekend and unplug.