Rest of the Day: Pocket Adds Likes and Reposts to Social Media Feed
Pocket wants to have a small social network to call its own. The Read Later app adds more features to your Recommended feed, where you can follow what other people are reading. Now you can like and repost if you want likes and reposts elsewhere.
- Pocket’s Featured channel, which acts as a small social network of articles your friends read, has received several new features. Now you can not only follow the recommendations of your friends for reading, but also like and repost them. This can be a great article flow if you are associated with a lot of people on the platform. [Pocket Blog]
- Facebook is testing a new “reaction” (emoji buttons that can be used to express more than just “like”). This is a flower! But this is only for Mother’s Day. She definitely “blossomed” with her mother. [The Verge]
- Russian hackers claim to have stolen [Dr. Angry Voice] 270 million email logins . However, it looks like some of the data came from old hacks, which means that they just collected a bunch of previously leaked data and grouped it together with what they have. I am not worried about this. You should use two-factor authentication anyway. [Gizmodo]
- Periscope is testing a feature that will allow you to save live broadcasts . Right now, the online copy of the stream is disappearing after 24 hours, but including the hashtag #save will keep it indefinitely. Although I think you should consult your doctor if your live stream is longer than four hours. (This is a joke.) [The Next Web]
- Craig Wright decided NOT to prove that he is Satoshi Nakamoto . LAUGHING OUT LOUD. [Gizmodo]