FLIO Lists Everything You Need to Know About an Airport in One App
iOS / Android: The FLIO app helps you navigate airports around the world and find information on how to get between terminals and find showers, ATMs and charging stations.
While FLIO offers special deals at some airports (like Starbucks discounts at Heathrow Airport), the real usefulness of the app is how much information you can find in one place. You have 850 airport profiles to choose from, with profiles covering most major airports in the US and abroad. Most airport profiles include:
- Transport between terminals (although there is no access to terminal cards).
- Information about restaurants and shops, sometimes including restaurant recommendations.
- Recommendations for organizing transport between the airport and the nearest major city (for example, BART for SFO). You will be able to find out when public transport is running, how much it costs and where to get it at the airport. They also have information on taxis, ridesharing and other opportunities.
- Where you can find amenities such as showers, pharmacies, charging stations, ATM machines and lounges such as airport lounges or yoga rooms.
- Airport entertainment such as playgrounds for children or interesting exhibitions to while away the time.
- Departure and arrival times.
You can also access airport Wi-Fi via the FLIO app without having to log in every time (they save your credentials), but you need to create an account to use this feature. You can also enable push notifications for FLIO, which are activated when you arrive at an airport that they have a profile for. They will send you notifications about airport benefits so you don’t have to search for the app yourself. Try the app from one of the links below.
FLIO (free) | ITunes App Store
FLIO (free) | Google play store