Five Easy Ways to Make a Crispy Sous-Vide Steak
Cooking a sous vide steak will give you the most tender steak you have ever tasted . However, this tenderness means less crunchy and flavorful chunks on the outside. Here are five easy ways to brown sous vide steaks before serving.
Just because you are cooking a sous vide steak does not mean that you cannot taste the crunchy flavor that a steak gives when grilled or in a skillet. This video from YouTube channel ChefSteps explains five quick ways to get the best of both worlds:
- Fry in a skillet over high heat for two to three minutes on each side.
- Roast the steak on one side for three to four minutes at 500 ° F.
- Brush the steak with flour and sauté over high heat for about two minutes on each side.
- Toss it on a hot grill for about one minute on each side.
- Deep-fry for two minutes in 400 ° F oil.
Regardless of which one you choose, you get a tender steak soup with a fragrant crunchy surface. You may never want to cook your steak differently again.