The Rest of the Day: Hulu Is Coming to Windows 10
Happy Presidents Day! We’re celebrating by trying out the new Hulu app for Windows 10 and thinking about the future of Tidal. The music service grows in popularity whenever it has an exclusive album, but these ultralight beams are only suitable for ultralight use.
- Hulu now has a Windows 10 app . If you’re happy to watch Hulu on your web browser, there aren’t really any killer features that make the new app a must-download, but it’s integrated with Cortana for voice search. [TechCrunch]
- Apple is working on fixing a “1970” clock glitch that can brick your iPhone . (Setting the clock to a certain date, crashing into the iPhone without any easy way to revive it. This is a curious bug that has been the subject of some speculation . don’t do that.) [9to5Mac]
- Apple also offers replacement USB-C cables for a limited number of MacBook cables with a design flaw that could interfere with charging. [Apple]
- Slack for iOS was recently updated with many small improvements , including an easier way to share files from other apps on your phone (like Google Drive). [The Next Web]
- “Not even Kanye can save Tidal ,” says Gizmodo. Interest in the music service is clearly linked to exclusive releases such as Anti Rihanna and Kanye’s latest album, but these have failed to attract returning users. It would take a lot of high-profile exclusives to justify a subscription. [Gizmodo]