Rest of the Day: WhatsApp on Android Gets a Ton of Emojis
Do you like emojis? Of course you do. And if you are a WhatsApp user on Android, you will soon have access to all the cute icons that iOS users have loved for a long time. That, some updates for several Google apps on Android, and more in today’s breaking news.
- WhatsApp on Android has a ton of new emojis . IOS users already have a library of cute pictures, but now they arrive in the Android version in time for Valentine’s Day. [Android Police]
- Re / code reports that a group of Chinese companies are buying the Opera browser for $ 1.2 billion . Seems like a lot, but every opera I’ve been to has been quite expensive. [Re / code via Gizmodo ]
- Google Maps on Android today has several new features , including clearer street names that are hovering over the map and the ability to turn off voice guidance during calls. [Android Police]
- Google is adding centralized settings for reminders and lists that can be saved online and in the Android app . Thanks Android Police, we must have had a busy day. [Android Police]
- Have you heard the good news? Google will stop supporting Flash in its AdWords and DoubleClick services . This means there will be fewer resource-consuming ads on all of your favorite sites. [Google]
- If you want to keep up with every Apple release, Apple just released OS X 10.11.4 beta 3 , an incremental update to OS X for non-developer beta testers. [9to5Mac]