Plan Your Next Trip Along These Scenic Routes
One of the best parts of a road trip is the beautiful scenery, and these scenic drives are a destination in themselves if you enjoy driving. If you are anxious to hit the road, Travel + Leisure has a list of road trips where you can take in the views.
You can find deals for just about every part of the country, including Hawaii and Alaska. Here are some of my favorites:
- 17-Mile Drive runs along the northern coast of California overlooking the Pacific Ocean and forests.
- Blue Ridge Parkway showcases the beauty of the Appalachian Mountains.
- North Shore Drive overlooks the water from Lake Superior in Minnesota.
- Trail Ridge Road is ideal for wildlife watching in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.
- Highway 101 runs along the Oregon coastline with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Great River Road runs through ten states along the Mississippi, providing a variety of southern landscapes.
- Route 6 has both sandy beach views and into Massachusetts cities.
In addition to recommending scenic itineraries, Travel + Leisure also offers must-have stops for every trip. Check out the full list (warning, this is a slideshow) at the link below for more travel inspiration.
America’s Most Scenic Road Trips | Travel + Leisure