Temple Morning Work Table
This desktop may not sound like much, but that’s why it’s so good. It is actually set up, but only in the right direction, and in the ways that work best for shadownight , which brought it to our desktop showcase. This is how it works.
Shadownight runs Ubuntu 15.10 with GNOME, and started off with wallpaper (which we agree is great.) The desktop was born around that. If you like the look, here’s what you’ll need:
- Wallpaper from this Reddit thread (although the OP is almost certainly not a snapshot originally)
- Copernico skin theme with CSS customization used to make the top bar text bold.
- Super Flat Remix Theme Icon
- Conky , a lightweight system monitor for Linux systems
- This is a clock widget for Conky , a modified Literata font
- Extending the Activity shell configurator to change the text of the top bar
- Dynamically expanding the Shell Transparency panel to make the top bar semi-transparent when the window is not maximized
- Remove Dropdown Arrows Shell Extension
These are all components of this. You can see what it looks like with the windows open in the image below:
All in all, it looks great, perfectly calm when you’re sitting down to work or closing windows, and tweaked the time it’s time to get things done to make the user interface just that much smoother and more personal. If you like what you see, check out the Kinja snadownight blog linked below to compliment you.
Do you have a beautiful and functional desktop to show off? Share with us! Post it to your personal Kinja blog using the Desktop Showcase tag or add it to our Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr pool . Screenshots must be at least 1280×720 and include information about what you used, links to wallpapers, skins and themes, and any other important information. If your wonderful desktop catches our attention, you may be on our favorites!
Surreal Landscape Desktop | night