Rest of the Day: Microsoft Recalls Surface Pro Chargers
Several new apps have fallen like snowflakes in front of an impending app storm today! Microsoft has released a new silly alarm clock for Android, Dropbox has a new Windows 10-only app, and more in today’s roundup.
- Microsoft has just released a new wacky alarm clock app for Android that requires you to play a game in order to turn off the alarm. This is essentially a demo of machine learning from Project Oxford , so don’t take it too seriously. [ Microsoft Garage ]
- Microsoft also voluntarily recalled Surface Pro chargers that were sold before March 15, 2015 in the US (and until July 15, 2015 in other countries) due to concerns about overheating. You can get a replacement here . [Gizmodo]
- Today is the last day that you can register your drone with the FAA for free . Only drones weighing over half a pound need to register – so your little toy helicopter is no problem – but regular entry-level drones like the Phantoms will require registration. [Gizmodo]
- Dropbox just released a Windows 10 app . If you’re already using the Dropbox desktop client, it’s overkill, but can be useful on tablets. [Dropbox]
- Facebook is trying to stimulate live sports discussion with a new section called Facebook Sports Stadium . It will display real-time statistics along with your real-time discussions so you can argue with your friends more effectively. [Facebook Newsroom]
- The Kickstarter app is now available on Android . This is primarily for people who have supported projects to get updates and see what other people are supporting. [The Next Web]