Rest of the Day: Facebook Adds Tor Support to Android App
Verizon is putting its efforts into a sponsored dataset, Facebook is adding Tor support to its Android app, Apple is rolling out a small iOS update, and more in today’s news.
- Verizon is launching a new sponsored data service called FreeBee where sponsored content from their partners will be made available to users without compromising your monthly data limit . Yes, net neutrality proponents roll their eyes everywhere. [Verizon]
- Facebook is adding Tor support to its Android app . He will work with Orbot to route Facebook traffic through Tor, an anonymous communications network . [Facebook]
- Trello just opened its developer platform , so you can expect exciting new integrations on the project management platform. Like Giphy. Of course Gifi. [The Next Web]
- Apple released iOS 9.2.1 today . No shiny new features only bug fixes and security improvements. [Mac 9 to 5]
- Security researchers have discovered a Linux bug that can be exploited to gain unlimited root access, putting millions of servers at risk. Linux distributors are expected to have a hotfix soon. [Ars Technica]