The Rest of the Day: Google Will Provide Free Gifts When Using Android Pay
A few dry news heading into the weekend, with Skype adding Slack integration, f.lux politely asking to return to the App Store, Lyft lowering travel prices, and more.
- Night shift drama! The creators of f.lux asked Apple to restore their iOS app , politely welcoming Apple for improving sleep with technology. [f.lux blog]
- Now you can make Skype calls to your colleagues right in Slack . The latest beta version of Skype adds Slack integration when typing just won’t help. [TechCrunch]
- Google hopes that a few free gifts will encourage people to use Android Pay . It hasn’t officially launched yet, but Tap 10 will reward users when they touch their phones to pay with things like free songs or even a Chromecast. [Gizmodo]
- New Amazon Prime membership discounted up to $ 73 this weekend in honor of Mozart ‘s Jungle Golden Globe winner. What is Mozart in the Jungle ? Nobody knows! But the shows are also free to watch this weekend. [Kinja Deals]
- Lyft is cutting ride prices in 33 markets as Uber recently cut prices in 100 markets . Suitable for riders. It may not be so good for the drivers’ bottom line, but it’s a complex dance of supply and demand. [Recode]
- Walmart is closing 154 stores in the US, 102 of which are small Walmart Express stores. [Consumer]