Winter Cottage Desktop
Reader Alec used a little Übersicht magic to make his Mac more welcoming when he sits down to work, and informative when he gets up to leave it. This is how he arranged it.
Übersicht is a useful utility that we previously outlined as a lightweight alternative to something heavier like GeekTool . This is the basis of this setup, but if you want to copy it yourself, here are all you need:
- Wallpaper “Beautiful Christmas tree” byMassima Bianchi
- Übersicht , our favorite OS X customization pack with widgets (blur, inspirational quotes, morning clock and weather widgets)
- cDock , a utility that gives you complete control over your dock.
- Bartender 2 to rearrange and customize menu bar icons.
- Yosemite Color Icon Set by BlackVariant
In addition, Alec is working on the dark theme of El Capitan. When everything is together, that’s all there is to it. Of course, if you’re having setup problems or looking for those specific Übersicht widgets and can’t find them, skip to Alec kinja’s post (link below) to ask your questions and learn more about how he set things up!
Do you have a beautiful and functional desktop to show off? Share with us! Post it to your personal Kinja blog using the Desktop Showcase tag, or add it to our Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr pool . Screenshots must be at least 1280×720 and include information about what you used, links to wallpapers, skins and themes, and any other important information. If your wonderful desktop catches our attention, you may be on our favorites!
Winter dacha Work table | Alec