Make a Sorbet From Any Fruit With This Simple Recipe
Sorbet is a refreshing way to enjoy your favorite fruit. Using this simple recipe, you can make sorbet from any fruit.
One of the best things about sorbet is that it is a dessert that keeps well. Here’s what you need to do to earn about a liter of your own:
- Peel and cut two pounds of fruit into small pieces. This includes removing the skin, stems, seeds, or pits.
- Add ½ cup simple syrup to the fruit and beat until chunks remain. Strain small seeds or fibers if necessary.
- Check if your sorbet has enough sugar with an egg dough . Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, but no longer than overnight.
- Toss the chilled sorbet base in an ice cream machine, then transfer to a bowl and freeze for at least four hours.
If you don’t have an ice cream machine, you can still make sorbet (technically granita) with this recipe. Pour the base into a wide bowl and place in the freezer. Break it up at 30 minute intervals until it becomes flaky and freezes. You can also use this recipe to make an ice cream base. The main thing is that you can make a delicious and light dessert from your favorite fruits.