Sidebar Equalizer Desktop
Reader Kaln introduced this animated desktop to our desktop showcase , and it’s a great mix of work and play – workspace on the left and tools to help, as well as a fun animated spectrum analyzer on the right that matches his music. This is how he arranged it.
If you want your Windows PC to look the same, it’s not too complicated, and contrary to what you might think, Rainmeter and its components usually don’t consume system resources, so you get the perks of not noticing that they are running in the background. mode. Here’s what you need:
- Tool setting and monitoring system for Rainmeter for Windows
- Desktop VU Meter Skin for Rainmeter for Spectrum Analyzer
- Gnometer Skin for Rainmeter for System Monitoring Widgets
- YBoris 10-Foot HUD for Rainmeter to create watches
- RocketDock as an app launcher at the top of the screen
- Docklet “Stacks” for the “stacks” icons that appear from one icon in the video above.
- Classic shell for customizing the Start menu in Windows 8
- DropIt to create a transparent trashcan widget on the desktop for dragging and dropping files
A couple of things are missing here, such as specific dock icons and wallpapers, but they are not too important considering that you can use any icons or any wallpaper you like to get the same effect. If you have questions or want to know more about how Kaln set things up, head over to his Kinja blog post linked below!
Do you have a beautiful and functional desktop to show off? Share with us! Post it to your personal Kinja blog using the Desktop Showcase tag or add it to our Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr pool . Screenshots must be at least 640×360 in size and include information about what you used, links to wallpapers, skins and themes, and any other important information. If your wonderful desktop catches our attention, you may be on our favorites!